Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Would you like fries with that?

So I just got back from a weeks holidays in Myrtle Beach, SC. The Motorhead, Mark Lester (also, my dear ol' dad) and Mom take their 5th wheel trailer down there each year and my wife, Emmy and I stay for a week while its down there. The air was hot, the water was warm the beach was sandy. Over all, it was great.
On the way back home we had about a 3 hour layover in Philadelphia. While we were at the airport we decided to grab some super healthy fruit smoothies. Now, for reference, a smoothie is basically a tiny portion of fruit and a bunch of ice all chopped up. Not really difficult right. Apparently something about this fruit/ice combo warranted $4 each. I was thirsty, the wife was too... $4? Whatever.
So the girl makes my smoothie, over fills the cup and squishes the top down which in turn squishes the excess smoothie mixture all down the side of the cup. She then picks up the cup with two fingers like she doesnt want to get any of the oozing smoothie juice on her hands and puts it on the counter in front of me and says, in a very unexcited voice, "here ya go".
Now I got thinking to myself, what ever happened to over delivering on expectations. And lets be honest, paying $4 for a smoothie leaves a person with some pretty high expectations. Whatever happened to going the extra mile for the customer and even though I was on vacation it left me wondering how we can go the extra mile for all of our loyal DirtTrax fans.
The goal here, is to deliver more smooth ATV goodness than your expecting without letting the excess run down the side of your cup.
Hopefully were delivering on this and if were not, give us a shout and let us know. Cause thats what were here for.
Till next time
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment