Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a little about luke..

Since his first ride, on a Suzuki LT 50 3 wheeler in 1982 at only 2 years old, luke hasnt stopped riding ATVs. From 4X4's to sport quads and side by sides he truly loves everything about the sport and enjoys riding "every spare second" he gets. With a strong history in snowmobile racing and numerous national titles including a #1 National Championship, Luke has developed a deep understanding of not just the enthusiastic side of riding, but also the technical side as well. "Racing snowmobiles for so long at the level I did helped me develop a clear ability to relay information about the vehicle I was riding, to the people around me. Racers have to be able to tell their crew how the vehicle feels, how its responding and reacting and to do that, they have to understand the whys and hows of how that vehicle works. I think that has alot to do with my ability to clearly relay information about the ATVs I test on the show."
Luke has been involved in the ATV industry for as long as he can remember as his dad, Marks, side kick when he was young, his time as a feature editor for All Terrain Vehicle Magazine to his present role as the Host of DirtTrax TV. "This is what I love to do. I love riding ATVs of all shapes and sizes. I love challenging my self and my bike to see what were both capable of. I love being sideways at 60 MPH. I love hitting big doubles in 3rd gear. I love getting so dirty the bottom of the shower turns brown at the end of the day. Im so fortunate that I get to do what I love for a living, Im blessed to be able to do this and I thank God for the opportunity every day."
Luke started with DirtTrax in 2008 as the shows Co-Host and quickly became known for his honest, no nonsense opinions. "I believe the most valuable thing a person doing what I do for a living has is their credibility. There is a certain skepticism surrounding the general media these days. The public believes we say what the advertisers tell us. We like bikes from whatever company pays us the most. This is simply not true at all. Everyone on the DirtTrax crew knows that the truth must come first. If an ATV is amazing, we'll say it. If an ATV needs improvement... we'll say that too. And if there is something about an ATV that is simply terrible. Well, we have to be honest about that. Sometimes we get in trouble for it... but in the long run, even the advertisers trust our credibility so they dont stay mad at us for long"
"As a kid I always wanted to grow up and be just like my dad. We did everything together, including riding ATVs... three wheelers at the time. When dad started All Terrain Vehicle Magazine all I wanted to do was write for the Magazine and eventually I did. But when the opportunity arose to work on DirtTrax I knew that it was where I really fit in. And now that the companies are all owned by the same people I get to not only work FOR my dad the way I always wanted to, but I get to work WITH him, ride WITH him and do all the things we've always done, every day. Which is why this doesnt really seem like a job and is yet another thing I thank God for every day"

No comments:

Post a Comment